Thursday, December 13, 2007

Zero Wiffleball Wednesday Players Named in Mitchell's Report

Provo - In a report released today by former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell, none of the names included the Wiffleball Wednesday players. The Mitchell report exposes many of baseball's top names having a relation with performance enhancing drugs, either taking them or at least buying them. The report includes names of 31 former All-Stars and members from every team in baseball, except for Wiffleball Wednesday.
"A lot of those names don't really come as a surprise to me," said Bradshaw. "But I really am skeptical about a few of the players around here," he continued. "I mean, come on, look at Caitlin! When have you seen a girl hit with the power she does! She comes out of nowhere and is taking over the stat board! Hmm...I wonder what she is doing Friday night, excuse me," he said walking away.
Caitlin Jenne, former Miss Homecoming Queen Montana, played in her second game on Wednesday night. She has started her reign of terror with an .800 batting average and a 1.200 slugging percentage. Jenne missed the first part of the season due to an internship in Salt Lake, but is looking forward to be playing in more games. "I just love Wiffleball Wednesday, it's like the greatest thing ever!" she said.

"I'm relieved that none of our players were on that list. I'm proud of everyone," Emmett said.

With new people showing up every week, Wiffleball Wednesday will need to devise a way to keep the league clean. Several thoughts have been thrown around, including having a D.A.R.E. officer give a pre-game speech on the dangers of performance enhancing drugs.
"I don't think we need to go that far," Emmett said. "But I won't deny the idea has been discussed."

Wednesday's game saw the debut of two new players to the league, Aroc Wright and Jasmin Hammer. Both hit .667 and helped produce runs for their teams. The two players appear to be clean however, and were welcomed by the league to continue playing in future games.
Aroc Wright with some lady friends

Jasmin Hammer, relaxing before the game

1 comment:

johnEboy said...

So am I supposed to believe that it was b12 Brian had me shoot him with all those years?

I prefer getting all my vitamins as shots. Forget pills!