Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Brian to Play in Tomorrow Night's Game

Provo - It was announced Tuesday morning that Brian will be in the line up for the game on Wednesday night. Brian has been listed as day to day and is now coming off the DL since being placed there last Thursday night after Brian hurt his knee when he fell in a booby trap in the grass just outside of the condo's at Glenwood. He was walking hand in hand with his girlfriend at the time his right foot went right into the hole."Jackie and I had just crossed University Parkway when we cut through the grass to get to Bradshaw's car in the parking lot," Brian stated. When asked what his initial thoughts were once falling into the hole, he replied, "Where the heck did that come from! And then I realized I was hurt."

It wasn't the hole that got Brian, but it was the metal pole coming out of the ground that got him. His right knee landed directly on the metal and caused Brian to roll over in pain. To make things worse, his friend, Chris Bradshaw, began to laugh in Brian's face.

"Haha, are you serious, haha," Bradshaw said when he saw Brian on the ground. He then realized by the pain on Brian's face that he wasn't joking. Bradshaw was reported later to say that, "You never know with Brian. It seems like he's joking all of the time. The kid just makes me laugh."

Tomorrow night's game will be the 2nd game of the regular season. Brian is coming off a great first game in which he hit .778 and recorded 13 hits in a row.

"I'm going to play tomorrow because I love the game, that's it. People are talking batting title already, ya know. I mean, come on, we've only played one game so far. I'm here because I love the sport, not because I want to win batting titles," stated Brian at the press conference.

Tuesday morning's announcement caught many BYU students by surprise because it came in the middle of BYU's weekly devotionaly, this week being President Monson.

"I'm not trying to upstage President Monson by any means. I just felt that Tuesday morning at 11:05 would be a great time to tell my fans that I'll be there tomorrow night."

4 comments:

emetski said...

Wow. I am so glad I 'stumbled' upon this fascinating and humorous blog. I plan to check in several times a day for updates.

Dusty Bottoms said...

This blog is the funniest thing I've seen since I saw Brian fall in that hole in front of my apartment. Sucka! haha

John Wilson said...

This is the best thing I've seen all year! Brian, hit a home run for me buddy. I can't wait to be able to play again...

Kristin said...

This blog is AMAZING! Play hard or go home!