Thursday, February 28, 2008

Johnson's Vs. Everyone Else

Provo - The Johnson's took on the World Wednesday night, and the World won. In what became the lowest scoring game ever, Everyone Else pulled off the win in extra innings. Ryan and Bekah Johnson, two of the hottest players in Season two, decided they were up to the challenge of playing against Brian, Chris, and newcomer Spencer Kelly. The Johnson's had the lead most of the game once they took it in the first inning, only to let the tying run score in the last inning and then the winning run in extra innings, for a final of 5-4.



Spencer Kelly spent the first half of the season in the Provo temple laundromat on Wednesday, unable to come to the games. He decided he couldn't stand missing the games anymore and quit his job, and boy has it paid off already.



"I just couldn't take washing all of those clothes. At work I would just long to play until I couldn't take it anymore. I thought to myself, 'I'm not supposed to be in here, I'm supposed to be winning games!'"

And that is exactly what Spencer did. He led off in the bottom of the first inning for Everyone Else and went curtain on Ryan. He slowed down in his next couple of bats but came up big when his team needed him. The Johnson's only needed one out to get out of the inning when Spencer stepped up to the plate with bases loaded.



"Brian was on third, Bradshaw was running for me on second, and Ghostrunner was on first. I knew it was up to me, I couldn't let my team down," Spencer said. "Ryan got me on a couple of pitches but I was able to connect with one and send it down the third baseline. Pure bliss. I walked all the way to first with a big smile on my face."


Emmett gave up just 4 runs in an hour or so of Wiffleball action

No comments: